This Web page has some QandA information regarding our year-long BOM Quilt Along project.
Any questions or comments about the following, please:
send your eMail to: QuiltAlong at Bernina World of Sewing dotcom
- Do we bring our own machines?
Answer: No! QuiltAlong is NOT a “class” – it is a BlockOfMonth Presentation, Each month, a member of the QuiltAlong group (from the store) will walk-through the month’s block. Prior to the meeting, you will get an eMail that points you to the month’s instructions and you print those out and bring the printout to the meeting (for your writing notes, etc.).
- What do we need to bring to the first class in January?
Answer: Just your printed-out instructions.
- Do we need the background material the first class?
Answer: No…. Because you will be doing the sewing at-home… Most people purchase such at the first meeting. The Background Fabric is your choice.
- Are there any dates set up for the rest of the year?
Answer: The sessions are NORMALLY (95% of the time) the first week that has a Thursday/Friday and Saturday of a month.
- How do we demonstrate we’ve completed the month project? Do we send a photo or bring it in to the next class?
Answer: The participant shows their (actual) completed-block at the store during the meeting.
- If we aren’t able to make the next month’s meeting, can a friend pick up the kit for us?
Answer: If you cannot attend a month’s meeting, you can pick up the Kit at any time and the fee is $6.00. (Also, if you have not completed the previous month’s block – the kit fee is $6.00 even if you are attending a meeting).
- Is there a drawing of the size of each block that we can have access to now? Or a drawing similar to the one for last year in which the size of each block, strip etc was marked so we know the sizes of each block, etc that we will be doing?
Answer: Currently, there is not such a diagram available. If something such as that becomes available it will be placed on the Quilt Along Participation Webpage.
Disclaimer: The above is shown as best-effort information and the information may be changed at any time as the year moves forward.
Upcoming Month's Meetings:
Thursday, February 6 5:45pm
Friday February 7 10:00am or 11:00 am
Saturday February 8 9:15am
The eMail pointing to the January Pattern has been sent to participants.
If you are here looking for January's pattern, and you are registered with Quilt along, send a message to the eMail shown below.
February's pattern will be available the weekend of Feb. 1
Further questions/comments, please:
send an eMail to: QuiltAlong at Bernina World of Sewing dotcom - Just Click Here to send the eMail